24 Feb TC School of Trades
Tc School of Hard Knocks
When: Mondays from 4pm to 5:30pm. We’ll try to keep it to 1.5 hours, if you’d like to stay after to discuss anything with other members, feel free.
- Small groups- these will consist of 6-8 individuals and will take on a different topic that the group would like to learn about every 4-6 weeks. Estimating, accounting, finance, pretty much anything business related that we can learn from each other.
- Speaker series- we’ll members what they’d like to hear about and organize speakers to come in for short presentations and Q&A. The first two I’ll be putting together will be about selling your construction business and financial investments/ instruments for contractors.
- Curriculum Series- Eventually, I’d like to put a curriculum together that will cover all aspects of small construction business management. This will probably be a 6 month course with classes 3 nights per week.
- Don’t share sensitive information in the group
- What is shared in the group stays in the group
- Abide by the Tc Code of Ethics (attached here)
- Feb 27th: Prospecting, networking
- March 6th: Forms/ Software
- March 13th: Quantity Takeoff’s / Bid review
- March 20th: Clarifications / Inclusions / Exclusions
- March 27th: Presentation / Selling / Defining expectations
- (The Good) Bring something that applies to the topic that’s working for you right now
- (The Bad) What’s one think that you know you need to be doing better or not working for you?
- (The Ugly) What’s the one thing you don’t want to do that you know you need to?
- (Give) What’s something you can provide to the group that would help others?
- (Get) What is the piece of info that you’re looking for from the small group session?
Feb 27th: Prospecting, networking
March 6th: Forms/ Software
March 13th: Quantity Takeoff’s / Bid review
March 20th: Clarifications / Inclusions / Exclusions
March 27th: Presentation / Selling / Defining expectations